We are very pleased to announce the commencement of our solar panel installation project at our Dysart Road manufacturing facility (UK). As we continue our commitment to the environment and our journey to become greener and more efficient, we have begun the three-week process of installing Solar PV's across the whole of the roofing space at Dysart Road.
Leading the project, BGB's Continuous Improvement Implementation Officer, Dr Keith Copeland MBE said -
"The suggestion to fit solar panels came from one of our manufacturing staff as part of our Continuous Improvement suggestion scheme, and now everyone can see the PV system being installed there is a very positive feel within the workforce. BGB is committed to the principles of circular economy and focus on how, as a business, we impact the environment. Being a supplier to the renewables industry for many years, we recognize the need to reduce our carbon footprint and our solar PV project is just one of a number of initiatives that BGB is investing in to help reduce our costs whilst showing our long-term commitment to our employees, our business and the wider community.”
- Working with our contractor Engenera Renewables our solar project consists of 526 individual PV Modules with a generator surface area of 1,011 meters squared
- PV Modules are provided by Trina Solar and are 1754mm x 1096mm x 30mm, weighing 21kg each
- The PV Generator output is 210.4 kWp PV and CO2 emissions avoided estimated to be 87,908 kg / year
- At the time of quotation, the return on investment (ROI) was calculated at just under three years, however with recent and the upcoming electricity price increase we will see a ROI within two and a half years
- Installation is already underway and will take approximately 3 weeks