The crane and construction industry are heavy users of rotary applications. Typical usage includes the transfer of power, signal and data, monitoring of strain gauge data, wind speed, power to the winch motors and much more.
BGB understands the pain points and market drivers associated with slip rings in the crane industry:
- More ports moving towards automation so the demand for information and ROV is higher
- Today's on-demand society, the reduction in downtime is vital. High quality components that are easy to maintain
- Modular crane offerings for redundancy to enable quick maintenance, upgrades of lightning, sensor and control equipment
- Silver brushes that reduce footprinting and burnout on rings
- Lack of time and people to carry out maintenance works
- Power slip rings
- Power and signal slip rings
- Face type style slip rings
- Carbon brush holders
- Fiber Optic Rotary Joints
- Hydraulic Rotary Joint
Modular Slip Rings
Our modular slip rings for construction have an aluminum construction with fiberglass reinforced polyester cover.
They are designed to transfer power or power signals between static and a rotating elements, low power (8 ways) rated at 30A and 480VAC; High power (4 ways) rated at 100A (120A peak) and 480VAC.
IP65 rated, the cable tail lengths on rotor (ring side) are 500mm from exit of cable glands. The new unit is vandal proof and service friendly. Inquiries for these units should include the following information:-
- Number of ways required
- Load per ring (amps and voltage) or details of signals to be carried by slip rings
- Speed of rotation
- Mounting flange required and cable gland entry
- Ambient working temperature
- Cable gland entries required in base
- Voltage (should an anti-condensation heater be required)